Wednesday, June 18, 2008

And They Faced Each Other

Supposedly there is a beauty in brokenness.


There is no beauty in this. I can see it in them. I can see it in her when she tells me to look up. It is everywhere yet I can't find it in this, only remnants of a sticky mess.


For the life of me, I can't figure out what you see. It can't be the truth. I can't possibly be that.



I tried to let go, but now it feels as though my heart followed to the bottom of the ocean. It feels I've given up more than I meant to. But I still remember. I kept what you said. every word. I can't forget them, I used them too many times.

And my body, oh, it took all the beatings I could never give you.

I stretched myself as far as I could and you pushed the rest of the way. I simply can't be where you want me to be. I wish I could, with every ounce of me I wish I could.


But I chose to recover my heart (without digging up the rest). And maybe I can learn something along the way. about me. or about you. I never learned to do this. But perhaps I will find it.









and leave the hurt for good.

No comments: